Peter | In-Person
Peter loves live training courses that take place completely detached from the work routine. All senses are addressed here and the personal exchange with colleagues is in the foreground.
The classic „in-person“ congress is suitable if:
- personal exchange, building up new bonds, and fostering existing relations are a key priority to stakeholders
- travel time to/from the event is low compared to the duration of the program
- the accompanying industrial exhibition is of high importance
- the budget risk is well manageable
- speakers are onsite.
Helen | Hybrid – Focus In-Person
Helen likes to take part in face-to-face conferences that are expanded to include virtual elements, such as live streams or the selective connection of speakers. This way she can remain very flexible herself and participate online.
The format „hybrid – focus in-person“ as alternative to pure in-person congresses is suitable if:
- personal exchange, building up new bonds and fostering existing relations is important, but not equaly relevant for all participants
- delegates are interested to view missed sessions (content on demand)
- some presenters are only available for a remote presentation
- additional virtual participants can be secured, which otherwise would not participate in the congress
- an emergency plan is required for a short-term change from face-to-face to virtual (e.g. events ban – COVID pandemic).
Greta | Hybrid – Focus Virtual
Greta is very communicative and likes to be in an online discourse with colleagues, but she is not always able to attend face-to-face conferences. Hybrid formats that have a virtual focus are perfect for her because she can also actively participate in the discussion.
This approach is suitable if:
- the meeting venue has a limited capacity, or onsite participation is limited for easier budget planning
- participation in-person is deliberately limited to create a more exclusive onsite experience, without excluding those who are primarily interested in the content (virtual participation)
- sponsorship for satellite symposia or marketing services is significantly more relevant than the income from the accompanying trade exhibition
- a fair share of the target audience is open for a virtual participation
- an emergency plan is required for a short-term change from face-to-face to 100% virtual (e.g. events ban – COVID pandemic).
Simon | Virtual
Simon does not like to travel to congresses but is very inquisitive and loves further training. A purely virtual event format corresponds perfectly – full focus on content!
The “virtual” format is suitable if
- the focus is on content and personal exchange is of secondary importance
- the duration of the program is short compared to the travel time
- financial resources are limited
- the accompanying trade exhibition is of little relevance
- the meeting owner regards the most resource-saving production as the top priority.
Eliza | Customize Your Own
Eliza regularly organizes congresses herself and loves the flexibility of different formats. Tailored to the target group, the content and the general conditions.
The character of your congress is not a perfect match with one of these format options?
Contact us to analyze jointly the right balance of onsite and virtual components that suit your goals, structure and culture.