What began in 1966 on 25 m² in a former bird shop in Baden near Vienna has long since taken flight and left national borders far behind: we started out small, but in recent decades we have developed into the largest local congress organization office, which is now active throughout Europe.
A lot has happened in the last decades – here are some milestones:
- 1966 The company was founded by Rudolf Kadanka in a former bird shop, initially as a two-man business
- 1977 Entry of Annette Jirasek, the longtime head of Mondial Congress & Events. She is still active in management and in shaping the department.
- 1977 The start of the cooperation with the Austrian Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics (OeGGG), which continues to this day. 430 punch cards for participants are punched by hand.
- 1979 The first major international congress with Mondial support takes place in Vienna: In September, the Congress of the International Diabetes Federation is hosted by 3,800 participants in the Hofburg. Over 1,200 abstracts are submitted and manually administered by Mondial.
- 2006: Mondial is growing! Mondial Congress is now represented in Barcelona.
- 2007 Supervision of the European Congress of Cardiology (ESC) in Vienna, with 30,000 participants the largest congress that has ever taken place in Vienna. “This Congress was an overwhelming success on every level, entirely dependent on team effort, personal involvement, and true partnership. We are proud to have shared this achievement with you” Isabel Bardinet, Ben Hainsworth, Linda Oliverau from the ESC Congress Division
- 2007 Gregor Kadanka becomes Managing Director of the Mondial Group. The family business is now managed by the second generation
- …and Gloria Casanova is now leading the Mondial PCO office in Barcelona.
- 2008 Conclusion of the first international core PCO contract (multi-year PCO contract) with the European Society for Trauma and Emergency Surgery (ESTES).
- 2011 Stefan Walter takes over management of Mondial Congress & Events. Annette Jirasek will continue to support him as Senior Consultant.
- 2012 Awarded the Austrian eco-label for green meetings and events. This allows Mondial to certify and organize Green Meetings.
- 2014 For the fourth time, Mondial ensures that the more than 17,000 participants in the congress of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) can sleep peacefully in the hotel of their choice in Vienna.
- 2015 Mondial signs numerous new long-term contracts, including with United European Gastroenterology and the Confederation of European Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. A EuroPerio 8 Congress in London with 9,700 participants sealed the record year.
- 2016 Mondial celebrates its 50th anniversary together with customers and employees.
- 2018 Stefan Walter takes over the sole management of Mondial Congress & Events